Why a Corsair Trimaran
- Extraordinary speed and effortless acceleration are trademarks of the Corsair trimarans. Their ability to accelerate in any puff or generate their own apparent wind even in light air is legendary. The absence of a lead keel to create drag, the ability to carry large powerful sails enabled by their wide beam, and their light weight resulting from superior construction techniques and materials, means that Corsair trimarans can provide sailing performance comparable or better than million dollar super yachts for a fraction of the price.
- Superior safety is inherent in the design and construction of these boats. Corsairs have positive buoyancy so they can’t sink. In fact, with the hulls filled to the brim with water, the positive buoyancy of the construction materials will keep the vessel afloat.
- Comfortable stability at any speed and in almost all sea conditions comes from wide beam and high buoyancy. Heeling is restricted to about 15 degrees, which feels like about 5 degrees on the broad, flat deck and trampolines of a Corsair.
- Trailering a Corsair is very easy. It can take a single person about 30-60 minutes to go from trailing mode to sailing mode. Corsairs fold up and pull out of the water easily, the mast can be lowed in a few minutes, and they tow easily behind a pickup or SUV, saving a bundle on slip fees and seasonal storage. The Pulse can be towed by any small car.
- The list goes on and on – click here to read more.
Dragonfly has created several useful Sailing Guide instructional videos for the use of their boats. More to come. Upwind [...]
Rapido 40 Trimaran update
Rapido 40 hull number 1 has just been completed and will launch the week of February 7, 2022. Orders are [...]
Reserve a Corsair 880 now
The new Corsair 880 offers an ultra modern design in two versions--Standard and Sport, and is significantly larger, roomier and [...]
Corsair 760 video
Corsair 760 video
Sign up for our newsletter
Fill out this quick form to sign up for our email newsletter. We send out a monthly newsletter with current [...]
Previously Owned Trimarans
1991 Corsair F-27 Niceville FL $37,500
1991 Corsair F-27 Niceville FL $37,500 This particular F-27 has many upgrades installed by its previous owner. To enable [...]
Sale Pending 1999 Corsair F-31 aft cockpit Houston TX $84,500
1999 Corsair F-31 aft cockpit for sale in Houston, TX. A very nice example with many nice upgrades and [...]
2019 Corsair 760R trimaran $89,900
2019 Corsair 760R trimaran for sale. An excellent very well equipped example of the sporty Corsair 760R trailerable trimaran, [...]