Why a Corsair Trimaran
- Extraordinary speed and effortless acceleration are trademarks of the Corsair trimarans. Their ability to accelerate in any puff or generate their own apparent wind even in light air is legendary. The absence of a lead keel to create drag, the ability to carry large powerful sails enabled by their wide beam, and their light weight resulting from superior construction techniques and materials, means that Corsair trimarans can provide sailing performance comparable or better than million dollar super yachts for a fraction of the price.
- Superior safety is inherent in the design and construction of these boats. Corsairs have positive buoyancy so they can’t sink. In fact, with the hulls filled to the brim with water, the positive buoyancy of the construction materials will keep the vessel afloat.
- Comfortable stability at any speed and in almost all sea conditions comes from wide beam and high buoyancy. Heeling is restricted to about 15 degrees, which feels like about 5 degrees on the broad, flat deck and trampolines of a Corsair.
- Trailering a Corsair is very easy. It can take a single person about 30-60 minutes to go from trailing mode to sailing mode. Corsairs fold up and pull out of the water easily, the mast can be lowed in a few minutes, and they tow easily behind a pickup or SUV, saving a bundle on slip fees and seasonal storage. The Pulse can be towed by any small car.
- The list goes on and on – click here to read more.
Corsair has released renderings of the exciting new 880 model which will replace the venerable Corsair 28. Slightly larger than [...]
Our 2018 Corsair 760 Sport has been sold already. We have a 2019 760, due for arrival early February and [...]
Seawind 1260 charter opportunity. Windcraft delivered a brand new Seawind 1260 to its Colorado owners in June 2018. This magnificent [...]